VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY
VERIFICATION OF TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL ID)
The Embassy of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is not the authority to verify a Tazkira (Afghan National ID). The Embassy facilitates the verification process of a Tazkira with the Afghanistan Central Civil Registration Authority (ACCRA).
To initiate the process of Tazkira verification through this Embassy, please read the following instructions and information carefully:
- Appointment. There is NO need for an appointment as the service can be provided distanced.
- Visit In-person. NO need to visit the Embassy in-person. All required documents can be sent to the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed envelop along with the required documents.
All foreign nationals can obtain an Afghan visa, except in the following cases:
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Embassy and outline the need for verifying his/her Tazkira (i.e. only verification, Birth Certificate etc), personal details, address and contact number.
- b) Copy of Tazkira. The applicant needs to include a clear copy of her/his Tazkira in the postal package.
- c) Photographs. one recent photograph with a white background (size: 4x4.5 cm).
- d) Proof of Address in Republic of Korea. An applicant should make a copy of either his/her driver license, utility bill or bank statement and include it in the postal package.
- e) Applicants, who wish to apply for Birth Certificate after Tazkira verification. To have the correct name, surname and date of birth of the applicant, he/she needs to include either (1) a colour copy of driver license, (2) travel document or (3) Republic of Korean visa (only a copy of one of the above).
- f) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelop MUST be included in the postal package. Without this, the Embassy will NOT be able to send you back the verification letter of your Tazkira. return self-addressed envelop along with the required documents.
- g) Fee. Embassy will charge $50 for one application.
- a) Once the Embassy receives the package by post, it will be processed within 2 business days.
- b) After the package is processed in ACCRA, the Embassy will receive a notification about the verification of the Tazkira by an email.
- c) The Embassy will share the verification letter with the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope, within 2 business days of receiving a response from ACCRA. (It is extremely important for ALL applicants to include an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope with the initial postal package and send it to the Embassy.)
- Please note that this is a time-consuming process and the applicant requires to wait for 2 – 3 weeks, on average. The Embassy has no control and influence on the processes within ACCRA.
In an unlikely scenario, if a Tazkira does NOT get verified by ACCRA, the applicant may apply for a Tazkira in Absentia. For more information about Tazkira in Absentia please refer to the relevant section using this link.