The embassy provides two types of services: (I) attesting a Birth Certificate (original and/or translation), and (II) Issuing a Birth Certificate.
I. Attestation of a Birth Certificate
The Embassy attests the following for Afghan nationals:
- 1. Afghan Nationals Born in Afghanistan
- The Embassy attests the original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued by Hospitals in Afghanistan or Afghan Central Civil Registration Authority (اداره ثبت احوال نفوس) provided that the Birth Certificate was attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan. Embassy will NOT charge for this service.
- 2. Afghan Nationals Born Outside Afghanistan
- The Embassy will attest:
a. The original or translation of a Birth Certificate issued and attested by the country of birth of the applicant (excluding Afghanistan). The fee for this service is $15.USD for one Birth
b. The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General/High Commission of applicant’s country of birth. The
fee for this service is $15.USD for one Birth Certificate.
c. The original or translation of the Birth Certificate issued in a third country and attested by the Embassy/Consulate General of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in that country
where the Birth Certificate was issued. The fee for this service is $15.USD for one Birth Certificate.
- Attesting a Birth Certificate
- For attesting a Birth Certificate, please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- Appointment. There is NO need for an appointment as the service can be provided distanced.
- Visit In-person. NO need to visit the Embassy in-person. All required documents can be sent to the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed
envelope along with the required documents.
- a) Request letter. the applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Embassy and outline the services needed (i.e. attestation of the original Birth Certificate, attestation
of the translation of a Birth Certificate or both), personal details, address and contact number.
- b) Original Birth Certificate and/or original its translation.
- c) Copy of Birth Certificate and/or copy of its translation.
- d) Proof of Address in Republic of Korea. An applicant should make a copy of either his/her driver license, utility bill or bank statement and include it in the postal package.
- e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelope MUST be included in the postal package. Without this, the Embassy will
NOT be able to send you back the attested Birth Certificate.
- f) Fee. Embassy will charge $15.USD for one Birth Certificate attestation. .
- a) Once the Embassy receives the package by post, it will be processed within 2 business days provided that the required documents are complete.
- b) The Embassy will send back the attested Birth Certificate to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope (It is extremely important for ALL applicants to
include an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope with the initial postal package and send it to the Embassy).