The Embassy attests/verifies/authenticates documents such as educational degrees, marriage certificate, single status certificate, birth certificate, death certificate, documents related to business, companies and other documents.
There are set requirements and fees for attesting a document at the Embassy. If a document was issued in Afghanistan and attested by the Consulate Affairs Directorate of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, this Embassy attests the document without charging a fee.
If a document was issued by authorities in Republic of Korea, it should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country before it gets attested by this Embassy. ALL local (Afghanistan issued) Driver Licenses will be sent to the Ministry of Interior Affairs (MoIA) of Afghanistan by this Embassy for verification. This is a time-consuming process. The Embassy has no influence on MoIA.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- Appointment. There is NO need for an appointment as the service can be provided distanced.
- Visit In-person. NO need to visit the Embassy in-person. All required documents can be sent to the Embassy by post. Please include an Express/Registered return self-addressed
envelope along with the required documents.
- a) Request letter. The applicant should write a request letter addressed to this Embassy and outline the need for verifying/attesting/authenticating the document(s).
- b) Original of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
- c) Copy of the document(s) to be attested/verified/authenticated.
- d) Proof of Address in Republic of Korea. The applicant should make a copy of either his/her driver license, utility bill or bank statement and include it in the postal package.
- e) Express/Registered self-addressed envelope. An Express/Registered self-addressed return envelope MUST be included in the postal package. Without this, the Embassy
will NOT be able to send you back the verified/attested/authenticated document(s).
- f) Fee. Embassy charges varies depending on the type of the document. Please refer to the fee rates for attesting/verifying/authenticating different types of documents.
- Once the Embassy receives the package by post, it will be processed within 2 business days provided that the required documents are complete.
- This does not apply to:
- Driver License, which will be sent to MoIA Afghanistan and takes up to six weeks or more.
- The Embassy will send back the attested/authenticated/verified to the applicant using the Express/Registered self-addressed envelope (It is extremely important for ALL applicants to include an Express/Registered self-addressed envelope with the initial postal package and send it to the Embassy.)