The Embassy issues a Marriage Certificate (زوجیت خط) for already married couples, who live in Republic of Korea. Both husband and wife MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with FIVE adult witnesses/assertors.
Please read the following information and instructions carefully:
- 1. Appointment. Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced.
For booking an appointment please click on this link.
- Visit In-person. Both husband and wife and FIVE adult witnesses MUST be present at the Embassy at the time of appointment along with a request letter and required documents.
- 2. Marriage Certificate Form (فورم زوجیت خط). This form needs to be completed in the Embassy. It can be downloaded from here.
- 3. Required Documents and Witnesses (Iqrarkunendagan and Shahedaan). Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly.
The following persons and documents MUST be present at the Embassy during your appointment.
A. Proof of Identity. (1) One copy of Tazkira or Passport of both applicants; (2) one copy of Tazkira or passport (Afghan, Republic of Korean) of each assertor and witness; and (3) one copy of
driver license of the applicants and assertors/witnesses.
B. Photographs. (1) Two recent photographs (size: 4x4.5 cm) of both applicants; (2) two recent photographs of each witness/assertor.
C. Assertors (Iqrar Konendagan): THREE adult assertors should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. All three assertors should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
D. Witnesses (Shahedaan): in addition to 3 assertors, TWO adult witnesses should be present at the time of appointment along with the applicants. Both witnesses should have their proof of identities and photographs ready as stated in paragraph A and B.
- 4. Fee: An applicant should pay $50 for ONE application.
- Once the applicants visit the Embassy at the time of their appointment, identities and documents will be checked at the front disk. If all the required documents are complete and both husband and wife and 5 adult witnesses/assertors are present, the process of producing a Marriage Certificate begins. The Marriage Certificate will be ready and given to the applicants on the same day.